Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a referral?
- Yes, you will need a referral from your referring practitioner/ Specialists for us to provide you with imaging services.
I have a referral, but I can’t upload it.
- If you are having some trouble uploading your referral, that’s alright as we’ll be contacting you to confirm the details on your referral. Please remember to bring your referral on the day of your scan.
When will someone contact me regarding my appointment request?
- Someone will contact you within 24 hours.
Do I need to book an appointment?
- Most examinations and procedures such as CT and ultrasound require an appointment which can be made through multiple mediums, Website, Facebook, and over the phone. In general, plain x-ray examinations such as chest x-rays do not require an appointment however several specialised scans may require an appointment, if you are unsure please contact our practice on 1300 201 888.
- We understand that patients may be anxious during their time of illness and therefore we aim to make your appointment as promptly as possible.
- Pre examination instructions will be provided by our receptionist at the time of your appointment booking.
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
- Referral form/letter from your doctor or health care provider. This is a medicolegal requirement and necessary to ensure that the Medicare rebate is paid.
- Any previous films that relate to the scan that you are having on the day (For example: X-Rays, Ultrasounds, CT or Mammograms). These will assist the doctors when formulating your report.
- Medicare Card. This allows us to Bulk Bill Medicare eligible services.
- Concession cards (health care and pension cards) or DVA (Department of Veteran’s Affairs) cards
- WorkCover details of the company your employer uses for WorkCover claims and your claim number
Qld Radiology Specialists accept all referrals, even if written on another radiology company’s request form.
It is greatly appreciated if you arrive ten minutes prior to your appointment to allow time to take your personal details, etc.
Please note that patients who arrive after you may be seen before you. There are several different types of examinations being performed and waiting times may vary for each type or there may be an urgent case which will take priority over appointments. We appreciate your patience and understanding and promise that you will be seen as soon as possible. We will endeavour to make your wait as comfortable and convenient as possible.
What is your Payment/Billing Policy?
Qld Radiology Specialists offers bulk billing to most Medicare eligible services.
Non-Medicare eligible services will incur a fee if Medicare Criteria is not met, meaning that you are not eligible for bulk billing. You will be informed of these types of services and the fees incurred at the time of booking your appointment.
The following methods of payment are accepted:
- EFTPOS and:
- All major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
How can I contact Qld Radiology Specialists?
For general enquiries or to provide feedback, please feel free to contact our Practice:
Phone: 1300 201 888
Plaza chambers Suite 4a, Ground floor
15 Dennis Road, Springwood, QLD 4127
West End Practice:
Suite 4, Level 1
409 Montague Road WEST END, QLD 4101
Mount Gravatt Practice
Mount Gravatt Home Maker Centre
5/1230 Logan Road
Mount Gravatt East 4122